The Shepparton Public Cemetery Trust allows both fresh and artificial flowers to be placed at a grave site or memorial garden site.
Unauthorised placement of ornaments, vases and flowers provide a potential safety hazard to employees/contractors required to maintain, mow and trim lawn areas.
- All ornamentation must remain within the boundary of the grave and not overhang or be located on neighbouring sites or footpaths.
- Dead flowers or stray items scattered in public access areas such as footpaths, will be removed by grounds staff.
- Fresh, dried or artificial flowers (no wire).
- Receptacles and ornamentation that are a part of an approved monument.
- Durable toys (weather proof).
- Solid non-breakable garden ornaments (e.g. concrete).
- Wind chimes, windmill ornaments on wooden or plastic sticks, up to 300mm above the ground level (maximum four per grave).
- Small solar or battery powered lights.
- Any glass items.
- Anything placed or planted in the pathways.
- Using adjacent graves as workstations, display and storage.
Your co-operation in following these guidelines will prevent disappointment, as non-approved tributes may be removed and disposed of without notification.